Cosmetic dentistry is the best way to get the smile of your dreams. If you’re not happy with the look of your smile, consider getting cosmetic dentistry in Baltimore, MD. Not only does it transform the aesthetics of your smile, but it also helps your overall oral health. Many cosmetic procedures can do both.
Why Get Cosmetic Dentistry?
Many people think you only get aesthetic benefits with cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry does gives you a whiter, brighter, more even smile. However, the underlying conditions that cause these issues impact your oral health. We work on finding and treating the root cause so we’re taking care of all of the problems.
One of the best examples is crooked teeth. Many patients come into the office wanting a straighter smile because of the aesthetic aspect of it. They don’t like the look of their smile in the mirror and want it to be straighter. But crooked teeth also come with various oral health concerns.
Crooked teeth are hard to clean. They often overlap and are cramped, creating areas where your toothbrush and dental floss can’t reach. Even if you’re caring for the rest of your teeth properly, plaque and tartar build-up in these areas. It puts you at a higher risk of developing tooth decay and gum disease.
Crooked teeth also give you an uneven bite. When you bite down, all your teeth take on the same amount of pressure. When they’re crooked, some teeth take on more pressure than others. These teeth wear down faster and are more likely to fracture or break.
An uneven bite is also a large factor when it comes to TMJ disorders. When your bite is uneven, the jaw isn’t tracking smoothly in the way that it should. The jaw joint wears down because of the way it now has to move. You’ll notice that your jaw clicks and pops, you have pain throughout the jaw, face, and head, and you may have trouble opening and closing your mouth.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Baltimore, MD
Horizon Family Dental Care offers some of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments today. These solutions will correct the aesthetics of your smile while supporting your oral health. If you want to improve the appearance of your teeth, learn more about these procedures.
For crooked teeth, we recommend Invisalign. This metal-free orthodontic treatment uses clear plastic aligners to move your teeth into the correct position. It’s a more subtle option than metal braces and is usually faster. Because they’re removable, you don’t have to restrict your diet. You can remove them to take proper care of your teeth. To learn more about the Invisalign process, see Invisalign.
Porcelain veneers can treat almost any cosmetic dental concern that you can imagine. They take care of everything from stubborn discolored teeth to misshapen teeth to gaps in your smile. Each dental veneer is custom-made, so it’s unique to fit the size, shape, and shade you desire for your smile. The veneer is a thin shell of porcelain that resembles tooth enamel. Your dentist will bond it to the front of each teeth you want to transform. To learn more about the dental veneer process, see Porcelain Veneers.
One of the most common cosmetic problems patients bring to us is tooth discoloration. We all experience tooth discoloration at some point in our life. As we get older, the white enamel layer wears down, exposing the off-white dentin underneath. Lifestyle habits like smoking or drinking coffee cause stains, too. Professional teeth whitening is the strongest available, whitening your teeth in multiple shades. We offer in-office and take-home teeth whitening solutions. To learn more about our professional teeth whitening options, see Teeth Whitening.
What to Expect at a Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation
- Discussion of Concerns and Goals: When you book your consultation with your dentist, be prepared to discuss your cosmetic concerns. You will discuss what you like and dislike about your teeth and smile.
- Medical and Dental History: Your dentist reviews your medical and dental history to be aware of any existing medical issues. They must know of oral health issues that may interfere with your treatment options.
- Oral Examination: They will also conduct a thorough exam of your oral health. Your dentist will assess the condition of your teeth, gums, and surrounding oral structures.
- Digital Imaging or Impressions: Sometimes, we need to take digital images or dental impressions. These additional measures will give us a visual representation of the potential outcomes of cosmetic procedures. It may also help us get a better view of the state of your oral health.
- Discussion of Treatment Options: Your dentist will explain the cosmetic dentistry treatments that will address your concerns. They will review the benefits, risks, and costs associated with each option will be discussed.
- Customized Treatment Plan: We will develop a custom treatment plan for you. The plan will align with your goals, address your needs, and be within your budget. We will discuss your cost and financing options.
- Patient Questions and Concerns: We always allow enough time for you to ask questions or express concerns. Please feel free to discuss your concerns on any aspect of your treatment plan. The end goal is to make sure you are happy with your smile and to make sure you are confident with the care we give you.
Schedule an Appointment for Cosmetic Dentistry in Baltimore, MD
Horizon Family Dental Care offers cosmetic dental care in the Baltimore area. Our expert cosmetic dentists can transform your smile with our list of cosmetic dentistry treatments. Call us to book your consultation or schedule an appointment online at our Baltimore dental office.