February is Children’s Dental Health Month! Horizon Family Dental Care cares about your family’s dental hygiene.
Baltimore Dental Office – (2-27-2014): Each February, the American Dental Association (ADA) sponsors National Children’s Dental Health Month to raise awareness about the importance of oral health.
Developing good habits at an early age and scheduling regular dental visits helps children get a good start on a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums.
Here are some tips for your child’s dental health:
• Schedule a child’s first dental visit when his or her first tooth appears, or by the first birthday.
• Provide children with healthy snacks such as fruits and vegetables, and avoid sugary foods and drinks. Give them water to drink between meals.
• Brush your child’s teeth with toothpaste that has fluoride at least twice a day for two minutes. The amount of toothpaste that goes on the toothbrush depends on the child’s age. Children need brushing supervision until seven to eight years of age.
• Ask your child’s dentist about the need for fluoride treatment.
• Your drinking water can be tested to determine if the amount of fluoride it contains is too low to prevent tooth decay. If so, ask your dentist or physician about fluoride tablets or drops.
• Ask about dental sealants when your child’s back permanent teeth first come in.
Tag Words: ( Baltimore Dentist Office, Baltimore Dental Office, Baltimre Dentist, Dentist Office in Baltimore, Baltimore Dental Services, Baltimore Dentistry, Dentice Practice in Baltimore)
Location: Baltimore, MD